Zak Zak

The graphics are very pixelated except from the final boss, but it’s not too jarring and almost every level looks different. The music is pretty good. I liked how it will sometimes change to fit the narrative, like when you fall in the sewers near the beginning. You don’t see this very often. The controls feel a bit slippery, though it doesn’t get too annoying or unfair. Apparently, you can get a spade in every level by completing it without dying, as well as a heart for not killing any enemies (unless they have a crossed out heart on them) but this is never explained. It’s not that hard to figure out, but since you went through the trouble of adding these features and an extra scene at the end for getting everything, you might as well make it clear to players.

HUMANS HUMANS

So far it looks good but the gameplay needs improvement. After landing, the character seems to be unable to jump again or shoot until the landing animation is over which can get very annoying. I found it easier to just let him get hit and use the invincibility time to finish off the enemies until they drop a shot upgrade, which can destroy enemy projectiles. Enemies will often drop parts that can be thrown but they hardly do more damage than your regular attack and they can’t hit projectiles. Bigger levels tend to lag a lot.

ReZer: my little zombie ReZer: my little zombie

That’s one weird game…
Good music and graphics, gameplay is quite original. The later levels were a bit repetitive but the game isn’t long enough to get boring. The last battle looked good and different from the previous ones but it was skipped after I lost a couple of times and gave me the impression I got the bad ending. I had to look at past reviews to figure out that it doesn’t matter whether I win or lose.

x-SemAn responds:

The programmer had to make the message of the victory after the final battle,
but he programmed the game for very long.
So I had to ignore similar shortcomings

Thanks for the comments)